Found in the house...

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: Found in the house...

Post by phil »

just thinking about the Iphone bug.. Iphones and ipads have the ability to lock orientation. so the pics you are viewing might be seen in one orientation but if you take the lock off then maybe they would spring back to their natural position. I'm wondering if this locking feature is fooling people into thinking the pics they are posting are upright but really its just because they view them before posting with the lock on? would that make sense?

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

could the heavy pan be a thing to sweep ashes from your hearth into?
I have a tin bucket that looks like that. it has a very fine screen in the bottom and I think it was used to separate milk solids or something like that. maybe it originally came with two buckets , one with the screen , and one without?

Phil

KarenPlyler
Just Arrived

Post by KarenPlyler »

The metal she'll like thing looks to me like part of a stove, where you open the door to put in more coal or wood, to catch any ash or whatever that may fall or be accidentally raked out. Like a shelf right under the door.

Deb
Knows the back streets

Post by Deb »

KarenPlyler wrote:The metal she'll like thing looks to me like part of a stove, where you open the door to put in more coal or wood, to catch any ash or whatever that may fall or be accidentally raked out. Like a shelf right under the door.

Thank you Karen! And welcome to the District! That is only one of the many unknown/mysterious things we've found in the house. I got a metal detector for Christmas, and am having so much fun digging up treasures from the yard now! Life here is like a non-stop treasure hunt!