Greetings From Scenic Oakland!

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
lisascenic
Stalwart

Re: Greetings From Scenic Oakland!

Post by lisascenic »

Well, the entire restoration of the plaster "tile" did not get finished before our party.

The cats were horrified.

http://howsrobb.blogspot.com/2015/11/cat-on-tiles.html

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Human! Submit and all will go well. Refuse, and.....
Meow!.jpg
Meow!.jpg (44.22 KiB) Viewed 816 times

we shall not be held liable!

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

Hi Lisa, was just looking at your blog and saw the original bath as you bought it. I highlighted this house back on Wavy Glass, except for the vanity sink, pretty much unchanged since 1907.

This was the premise for our wanting the clawfoot, the interior of this house is exactly like ours, and you can see the similarity in the pics I showed you of our bath.

But one of the things we had to consider was the wrap around curtain, and I can see you are doing it as well, as we prefer showers over soaking, plus getting in and out of the tub. I know there are some low profile clawfoots, but this green 40's tub was there and low profile and I also installed a grab bar just in case. We felt the wraparound was clumsy, maybe dangerous, in a clawfoot.

Below is the WG link to that house that just sold for 35.9. I am watching to see what they do with it.

1907 Cracker
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

Ouch! I don't want to think about the price discrepancy between that Florida house and our San Francisco Bay Area house. (I do love their bathroom curtains...)

Don M

Post by Don M »

lisascenic wrote:Ouch! I don't want to think about the price discrepancy between that Florida house and our San Francisco Bay Area house. (I do love their bathroom curtains...)

Location, Location! :thumbup:

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

Hi friends!

I've been super-busy at work,creating massive scenery for a production of Macbeth starring Frances McDormand.

We're still slowly working on our house.

http://howsrobb.blogspot.com/2016/02/mo ... round.html

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Lisa, we'll forgive you your tardiness in posting. Ooooo, MacBeth, how are you handling the ghost scenes? I remember seeing MacBeth at the Royal Alex in Toronto, part of a school trip for English lit. Gezzz, that was a long time ago, they did the ghost scene with the ghost glowing green (black light)on a balcony. Only thing I realy remember.
And what a great table you bought. That will make you smile, I'm sure, every time you walk past it, even before you reach under it.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Lisa, reading you blog about the breakfast nook, I noticed it is beside what I assume is the back deck. I also noticed the window on the exterior wall allowing acsess to the deck, how about adaption the window as a pass threw and a prep area in the nook. When entertaining on the deck all your stuff can be made ready in the nook and passed threw to the out side.

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

The window opens into a laundry room that was presumably added in the 1940s. It's a strange feature. We had been using the window as a cat door, but this didn't work with the new table. The kitties couldn't manage the geometry, and I didn't want them scrabbling in the tabletop, and wrecking the finish.

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

Gothichome wrote:Lisa, we'll forgive you your tardiness in posting. Ooooo, MacBeth, how are you handling the ghost scenes? I remember seeing MacBeth at the Royal Alex in Toronto, part of a school trip for English lit. Gezzz, that was a long time ago, they did the ghost scene with the ghost glowing green (black light)on a balcony. Only thing I realy remember.
And what a great table you bought. That will make you smile, I'm sure, every time you walk past it, even before you reach under it.

The Banqo ghost scene in our production is played with the actor in really gory makeup. (I'm not sure I like the look. It's a little cheesy, to my eyes.). Other visions are video projections, which are sometimes amazing, and sometimes a little *odd*.

I need to post photos of the show, but I'm really enjoying a non-work day today. Soon....