Hello from Ohio!

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Re: Hello from Ohio!

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

Hi there! I love the style of your house! Congrats! --Mal

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

welcome CFU! yes, indeed you have found the right place and your house is fortunate to have you care for its well being...you can continue posting updates and photos here (we LOVE photos) or you can scroll down and find 'blog roll bookshelf'...
good to have you here......
.....jade

Don M

Post by Don M »

Hello & welcome; you are doing great on your repairs. You can't beat a metal roof. Ours was likely installed in the late 1800s & is still in great condition. It was just scraped & recoated this week! Do keep posting pictures as you progress.

Chevygirlalways
Been here a while

Post by Chevygirlalways »

Welcome to the District. :wave: Your home is on such a lovely property. The interior looks very nice and taking care of the roof and foundation shows that home is lucky to have you as its owner. :thumbup:
Last edited by Chevygirlalways on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chevygirlalways
Been here a while

Post by Chevygirlalways »

Welcome to the District. :wave: Your home is on such a lovely property. The interior looks very nice and taking care of the roof and foundation shows that home is lucky to have you as its owner. :thumbup:

mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mjt »

Gothichome wrote:I would suggest living in the home for a while before doing any major reworking. Your priorities will change over time.

Seconded. You'll learn a lot if you live in it a while first. Especially if it's your first old house.

Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Corsetière »

Welcome, Carter! I'm in Ohio, too!

Seabornman
Settling in

Post by Seabornman »

Very similar style to my old circa 1812 house in New York. The local historian called it a "Connecticut House". The chimneys and fireplaces were removed a long time ago. The chimney shown is a 1950s add-on.
Attachments
DCP_0309.jpg
DCP_0309.jpg (131.01 KiB) Viewed 724 times

Don M

Post by Don M »

This house looks much like my parents farmhouse in Manlius NY. Ours had chimneys at either end with 4 fireplaces, basically 2 mirror image rooms on each floor with a center hall & a fancy staircase.