ca. 1850 farmhouse upstate NY

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
heartwood

Re: ca. 1850 farmhouse upstate NY

Post by heartwood »

welcome to our neighborhood where everyone is happy to be!

I visit relatives in NY every year and your house looks very similar to the ones I see in their area between ithica and Watkins glen....I LOVE that area...

...jade

Don M

Post by Don M »

Welcome; where are you located in upstate NY? My family lived is Fayetteville & Manlius when I was in elementary school. My Mom was from Watertown & Dad was from Binghamton. Your house clearly had many more windows than it has today. I don't understand why anyone would remove all those; it ruins the original character of your house!

Seabornman
Settling in

Post by Seabornman »

Yes, I'm in the Manlius area, actually Town of Pompey. I've found a few examples of this house almost exact in proportion on web. Very little floor plan info however I did find one plan in one of the Williams books that is helpful. There is a mirror image of this house (with porch intact and all windows there) on the street leading away from the corner where Empower Credit Union and Starbucks is in Fayetteville. I'll have to stop in one day.