Serious roof...

Project updates and progress reports
Daniel Meyer
Stalwart

Serious roof...

Post by Daniel Meyer »

I can't effectively express how at peace it makes me feel to have had something over 12 inches of rain in the last 48 hours...and ALL of it stayed on the outside of the house.

Serious roof is serious.

The entire project:
http://theoldvictorian.com/articles/roofing/new-roof/

Gothichome

Re: Serious roof...

Post by Gothichome »

Great Daniel. I plan on putting the same on Gothichome in the spring. I have a question for you. Did they put the silver underpayment all the way up your roof? The roofer told me it does not need to go to the peak, do the pitch of our roof. Code is 1 (3 feet) meter up from the eave.

Daniel Meyer
Stalwart

Post by Daniel Meyer »

Gothichome wrote:Great Daniel. I plan on putting the same on Gothichome in the spring. I have a question for you. Did they put the silver underpayment all the way up your roof? The roofer told me it does not need to go to the peak, do the pitch of our roof. Code is 1 (3 feet) meter up from the eave.

They put an underlayment all the way to the peak, and the for our shingle maker it's required.

There's a different stuff...ice/water shield that they put on under the valleys and the 3 feet around the eaves...that's probably what your roofer is talking about.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Daniel, ok, good to know. I am planning to use exactly the same roof you have. I'll have to remember to press the roofer on the underpayment in the spring. Thanks.
Ron

Don M

Post by Don M »

Nothing better than having a serious roof that prevents water infiltration once & for all. My rebuilt rear addition roof which increased the slope & replaced the ridiculous rubber roof with a beautiful original standing seam roof has blocked water now since 1999! :lol: