Hartwood's projects

Project updates and progress reports
heartwood

Re: Hartwood's projects

Post by heartwood »

thanks for posting the photos phil....yes, the knife marks are just part of process and there's no reason to remove them...
the sash we're working on have two lines the length of the meeting rails that are to mark the mortises at the thickness of the tenon...two other short marks run perpendicular to the long lines to mark the width of the tenon....
...jade

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

A friend of mine is a most amazing and talented artist and illustrator. He just recently finished a series of illustrations of towns of the "upper valley" area (border between NH and VT). The scene he produced for Enfield NH prominently features one of Jades recent projects. I thought I would share it here

13906770_10154571555404050_1147970230194743641_n.jpg
13906770_10154571555404050_1147970230194743641_n.jpg (113.45 KiB) Viewed 549 times

It gives something of a sense of the size of this building but in real like it is truly massive. Those windows are BIG and every side is covered in them

By the way, other work by Shawn is here https://www.facebook.com/newenglandillustrated/?fref=nf you can buy prints etc. from him directly.
Mick...

Duffy666
Knows the area

Post by Duffy666 »

Thanks for the link... I'll be hard pressed not to pick up a couple of those prints!
Just in case the Empress is lurking black beary pie and nevermore are my favorite dear!
Another day on the correct side of the dirt.

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

thanks for posting your friend's beautiful rendering of 'the great stone dwelling'...if he's interested, the museum may want to sell his art...we've restored about 100 of the windows so far--all of the front façade is complete.....
...jade

Don M

Post by Don M »

Those windows sound very interesting & impressive! :thumbup:

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

ha, that's funny...I just finished sending an email out to the folks at enfield...we started up again last week as the museum had a very busy 6 month period where we were unable to take out window sash...

the sash are amazingly solid and in relatively very good condition once the glass, putty and paint are removed...the museum puts out a newsletter and heartwood will be featured in the next issue...

if anyone is ever in the area near the museum--white river junction Vermont and Hanover and Dartmouth, NH--it's really worth a visit......

...jade