Bronze Window Weather stripping

Need advice, technical help or opinions, you will find plenty here! (Technical posts here)
heartwood

Re: Bronze Window Weather stripping

Post by heartwood »

graywings, the pic that sara posted is the spring bronze (roll/flat type) being nailed on the opposite side of the door from the diagram you posted (looking good sara!)...one of the 'blocks' you see is the door jamb, the center block (full length in reality) is the stop that 'stops' the door from going past the center of the jamb...look at the side of the door opposite of the hinges and say 'ahh, now I know what the diagram depicts!'

...jade

nhguy
Stalwart

Post by nhguy »

Thanks for the replies and corresponding questions that helped me better understand. The upper sash I usually chaulk shut with clear paintable chaulking from the outside. This is how I was taught by and an old house restorer, but it make glazing more "interesting" on the upper sash. I'll do the spring bronze in the in the warmer weather as my list to finish before harsh weather comes is long.

Ober51
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Ober51 »

Casey wrote:http://metalstrips.accurateweatherstrip.com/product/window-weatherstrips/s-series-no-10-up-1-3-8-or-1-3-4-double-hung-sash-
Foolproof and permanent. A capital improvement. Available in bronze or zinc.

Casey

I'm impressed by everyone's knowledge here, but good Lord, I have NO idea what I am looking at.

Prozart
Settling in

Post by Prozart »

Ober51 wrote:
Casey wrote:http://metalstrips.accurateweatherstrip.com/product/window-weatherstrips/s-series-no-10-up-1-3-8-or-1-3-4-double-hung-sash-
Foolproof and permanent. A capital improvement. Available in bronze or zinc.

Casey

I'm impressed by everyone's knowledge here, but good Lord, I have NO idea what I am looking at.

Haha, I feel the same way! But I feel like I've come a long way in the past few days thanks to everyone here. Now I know what those rectangles with glass in the middle are. =P