The Petch House is sold

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Mick_VT

The Petch House is sold

Post by Mick_VT »

For all of you who, like me, used to vicariously enjoy Greg's regular updates and thorough blogging. I thought I would pass on the fact that I saw today that the house was sold at the very end of 2015. Greg had not posted on his blog for about three years, and had been a little on and off for a year or so before that. If you are interested in the final product you can see it here http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/904-M ... 6967_zpid/

His blog is still up, and a very good read / great resource, it can be found here: http://petchhouse.blogspot.com/ ignore the big ad that has appeared for his software business, scroll down tot he blog. Happy reading!
Mick...

Mick_VT

Re: The Petch House is sold

Post by Mick_VT »

Addendum, sitting at home bored and sick (throat virus thing) I thought "I wonder what did happen to Greg?" A bit of googling and it appears that he died at some point early this year, I could not find an obit, but did find a petition for probate on his estate. Very sad... RIP Greg
Mick...

Kmarissa
Knows the back streets

Post by Kmarissa »

How very sad. I do hope the new owners appreciate his work and keep his memory alive.

Vala

Post by Vala »

That's sad I had no idea. Hope the new owners take good care of the place.

Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Corsetière »

What a great legacy to leave! Very inspiring. I am going to go and read the blog, there are a lot of similarities between my house and his.

ZoraQ
Settling in

Post by ZoraQ »

Greg was an inspiration for the a lot of the work that I did on my house when I started down that path. His postings back on the OHW highlighted his attention to detail with his restorations. I really hope that the new owners appreciate the amount of work that he put into the Petch House.

BungalowMo
Been here a good while

Post by BungalowMo »

While I do thank you for the update, this was some sad news. I can't recall if he was married, or had any kids.

R.I.P. Friend. You left an impact on many of us.
On a similar topic....I remember on OHW when we had all become concerned because we'd lost track of Drew in Baltimore. Then, like a pack of amateur sleuths, we hunted him down. I do remember he was quite touched to find out we were all so concerned about him.

Wonder how he's been lately....
~ Maureen
1916-ish Craftsman Bungalow

JacquieJet
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by JacquieJet »

Although I never knew Greg, I have been reading his blog since it was posted here and there is some great, thorough information there. His house was a gem. So many hours and painstaking work. I hope it is appreciated by the new owners. That's sad that he passed away... by his writing on his blog, he seemed like an honest and funny person.

I do have to say, I'm quite impressed at how much of a tight-knit community it is here at THD. So many people here have demonstrated such care for not only their lovely homes, but for each other as well. In a way, I almost feel like we are all neighbours! Anyway, thanks for being awesome, guys.
1917-ish
Happy 100th birthday, house!!

Don M

Post by Don M »

R.I.P. Greg; I was always impressed with your work & attention to detail too. You accomplished some amazing work on the Petch House. I don't recall ever having seen interior pictures of the house nor the garage & apartments. The interior is outstanding I especially love the kitchen, butler's pantry & those bathrooms. He spent a lot of time & effort restoring the exterior of the home.

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

I sold him a wall sconce for his dining room and sent him some ideas for hidden panels in his built-in sideboard, I can't recall if he ever used it, but he was an interesting one to talk house with! Rest in peace Mr. D.

Here is his blog: www.petchhouse.blogspot.com