The best renovation blog post I've found to date.

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

The best renovation blog post I've found to date.

Post by Lily left the valley »

One side note, don't go to it until you can read it when you have the suggested music playing. It really makes the entire post so much better. Silly? Heck ya! But I loved it.

Chad's Crooked House
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Deb
Knows the back streets

Re: The best renovation blog post I've found to date.

Post by Deb »

I've been following Chad's blog for a while now! If you have a few spare weeks, because once you start reading it's hard to stop... this is another blog that is amazing...https://restoringross.com/category/cros ... ?order=ASC

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Deb wrote:I've been following Chad's blog for a while now! If you have a few spare weeks, because once you start reading it's hard to stop... this is another blog that is amazing...https://restoringross.com/category/cros ... ?order=ASC
Cripes, yes indeed regarding the spare time. I found his very recent jump to the new addy from the Blake House 30 projects in 30 days list of other folks that were trying it. I already burned through his first year's worth of posts. *chuckle* I already promised myself if I hit the end of his second year, I have to stop reading and start making/baking a mini cake I've got butter and eggs out for in the kitchen. (We haven't had cake in a while, so I figured...why not?) My dad grew up in a brownstone before his folks bought their split level in the burbs, so it's been an interesting read. I definitely identify with his sense of humor and perspective on some things.

The ross one sounds familiar. I am pretty sure it's on my list. I just checked, and it is indeed. :D
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Vala

Post by Vala »

Wow that's truly an incredible blog! Thanks

nhguy
Stalwart

Post by nhguy »

Deb wrote:I've been following Chad's blog for a while now! If you have a few spare weeks, because once you start reading it's hard to stop... this is another blog that is amazing...https://restoringross.com/category/cros ... ?order=ASC

Isn't the same Ross that someone posted a You Tube video about not long ago?
I honestly haven't watched the whole piece yet.
Kudo's to him for taking on such a project.