Time to party.

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Re: Time to party.

Post by Nicholas »

Thanks to all. I was a little inbibed when I wrote the post. Oh well...lol.

Pic added to end of blog

V
V
v
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

No need to explaine Nicholas, I have been known to open a fine wine and recall with fondness people who have past on far to soon.

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Nicholas wrote:Thanks to all. I was a little inbibed when I wrote the post. Oh well...lol.

Pic added to end of blog

V
V
v
Nicholas, I hope some day when we are further along with Beebe, Sean and I look as comfortable and content in our own restovated home as the two of you in that pic. ;-)
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Texas_Ranger
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Texas_Ranger »

The main focus of my collection is a little later than yours, ever since I started collecting in my teen years I've managed to amass about 1.5 m of shelf space full of LPs and some 78s. I'd guess half of the LPs dates to the late 70s, I just love pop music from that era! Earlier and later times had a whole lot of good stuff too, I keep discovering good new music every day but the late 70s just had sooooooo much of it!

I'll pack up an entire suitcase full of vinyl when I fly over! And I'll get another bowl of potato salad, in honour of my uncle, who passed away three weeks ago aged 67. He made the best potato salad ever and gave us the recipe a few years ago! Ours was never quite perfect but I hope good enough to honour him!

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

Lily left the valley wrote:
Nicholas wrote:
Nicholas, I hope some day when we are further along with Beebe, Sean and I look as comfortable and content in our own restovated home as the two of you in that pic. ;-)

That pic was a candid shot that one of our daughters took when we were fooling around in our Fort Laud house just before we sold it, thats why the goofy faces, now one of my favorites.

Texas_Ranger wrote:The main focus of my collection is a little later than yours, ever since I started collecting in my teen years I've managed to amass about 1.5 m of shelf space full of LPs and some 78s. I'd guess half of the LPs dates to the late 70s, I just love pop music from that era! Earlier and later times had a whole lot of good stuff too, I keep discovering good new music every day but the late 70s just had sooooooo much of it!

I'll pack up an entire suitcase full of vinyl when I fly over! And I'll get another bowl of potato salad, in honour of my uncle, who passed away three weeks ago aged 67. He made the best potato salad ever and gave us the recipe a few years ago! Ours was never quite perfect but I hope good enough to honour him!

I have a few of my dad's big band 78's, as well as some BB 45's. My sisters bought a lot of Motown, and Beatles up to Rubber Soul. I bought Beatles north of Rubber soul.

We also have a few Philly's greatest hits from radio station releases. I still have Inna Godda Da Vida, among many of the late 60's era, including 2 copies of the hippy dippy "Its a Beautiful Day", and Joplin's Cheap Thrills that I bought just for the R Crumb cover art.

Bring the vinyl and the salad
8-)
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Texas_Ranger
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Texas_Ranger »

When my cousin moved into a new apartment, the previous tenant left him a huge stash of 78s in a built-in wardrobe and I got about half of them in exchange for helping him with some renovation work. They're a wild mix, mainly 1930s-50s with some classical, sea shanties, Austrian cabaret and even Soviet recordings - unfortunately I can't even read the labels on those discs and I can't play them either because the hole is just a bit too small on most.

I'll bring a selection and a bowl of salad :)