Our cute Colorado home

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
Powermuffin
Forgotten more than most know

Our cute Colorado home

Post by Powermuffin »

Hi all. Thanks to Mick et al for setting up the new forum. I hope it is the last time this has to be done!
Our home is a 1908 clapboard mongrel with a 1987 addition on the back. You can just barely see the roof of the addition in the picture. We have worked hard on the inside and have more work on the outside to do. We love our house.
Diane
Attachments
P5028685.JPG
P5028685.JPG (96.27 KiB) Viewed 491 times

Mick_VT

Re: Our cute Colorado home

Post by Mick_VT »

Welcome Diane, I'm going to work really hard to make sure its the last move. I promise you that if I can't make that so I will hand over to somebody that can, that's a promise.

Love that cute house!
Mick...

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

Finally, I get to see what you were talking about. Yes, that house is very similar to mine. The only main difference would be the snow. I would be very :o if I woke up to that here in Florida.

Was your front porch open at one time? Mine was, now half closed in the early 90's to enlarge a bedroom.
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Powermuffin
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Powermuffin »

Yes, the front porch was open; the Doric columns are still inside. It has been closed in for a long time. The house would be better looking if the enclosure was gone of course. When we first saw the house, I said that the first thing to do was to rip off the porch enclosure, but now I find it very nice to have. Our street is not always quiet and the enclosed porch makes it much quieter inside the house and probably keeps it warmer too. I love sitting on the porch even in the winter.
Diane